Paradise Valley Agribusiness & Equine Center Wins Arizona Envirothon
A team of high school students and their coach recently took home the title of the 2015 Arizona Envirothon champion for their urban forestry plan.
According to AZEDNEWS.com, the team was from Arizona Agribusiness and Equine Center – Paradise Valley (AAEC) and they won a trip to Missouri State University to compete in the National Conservation Foundation Envirothon this summer.
All the teams that competed In the Arizona Envirothon were asked to design a 10-acre community demonstration plot specific to an Arizona desert community park, the website said. Urban forests are critical to quality of life and help off-set the “heat island” effect in the deserts of the Southwest.
- Paradise Valley Town Council Discusses Priorities
- Selling Your Home? Here’s Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
- H.S.O. to Open Paradise Valley Brewery in March
- Paradise Valley’s Cedric Jacobs-Jones Whitman College for Hoops
- Paradise Valley Resort Starts Revitalization Process
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.