New Maricopa Healthy App Aims to Promote Healthy Lifestyle
Maricopa County, which includes the Paradise Valley community, recently launched the Maricopa Healthy app as a way to help residents have a more healthy lifestyle.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the new, free app features detailed lists of farmer’s markets, hiking trails, parks and bike paths.
Chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and diabetes can be improved or avoided through healthy eating and exercise habits, and the county is hoping the app can help with that. In addition, the county hopes the app can help teach those who are eligible for nutrition assistance that they can eat healthy, even on a budget.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which helps provide nutrition and physical activity education to other health departments, funded the app, the newspaper said.
- Paradise Valley Students Collect Teddy Bears for Phoenix Fire Department
- Police Department Volunteers Gave Record Number of Hours in 2015
- Paradise Valley 7th-Grader Wins Regional Spelling Bee
- Four Xavier Soccer Players Sign Letters of Intent
- Christ Church School Students Give Animals a Warm Place to Sleep
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.