Michael Collins Outlines Priorities for First Term as Paradise Valley Mayor
Michael Collins has officially taken the reigns as Paradise Valley’s mayor, and he’s coming in with a lot big priorities.
According to Arizona.Newszap.com, Collins said his main priorities for his first term are to continue to encourage reasonable resort development, continue the technological overhaul at the police department and maintain long-term financial security.
“Taking the helm as mayor reminds me of serving as Officer of the Deck on a Navy combat ship. The captain of the ship is counting on you to maneuver the ship in the right direction and not run it aground,” Collins told the publication. “With PV residents as our ship’s captain, I feel a similar responsibility now on my shoulders.”
Collins ran unopposed and will serve a two-year term.
- Paradise Valley Resort Starts Revitalization Process
- Paradise Valley’s New Town Council Takes Office
- Paradise Valley Teacher Named Rodel Exemplary Teacher
- 5 Quick Facts About Paradise Valley
- Steve Nash Lists Paradise Valley Home for $4.15 Million
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.