Historic SmokeTree Resort Renovation Set for Council Review
Paradise Valley’s Town Council is set to review plans to renovate one of the city’s first resorts.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, the Town Council will vote on renovation plans and a special use permit application May 24 for the historic SmokeTree Resort, which Phoenix-based Geneva Holdings and Scottsdale-based Ventana Hotels and Resorts want to revitalize with a major facelift.
The SmokeTree Resort, located at 7101 E. Lincoln Dr., first opened in 1966, but hasn’t undergone any significant renovations beyond general maintenance since, the report said.
Plans for the resort include turning it into a one-of-a-kind, luxury destination, while also reportedly promising to maintain its history and charm.
- Two Paradise Valley Seniors Named Flinn Scholars
- Phoenix Country Day School Best Private High School in State, According to Niche
- Paradise Valley’s SmokeTree Resort to Get Revitalized
- Hall of Fame Pitcher Randy Johnson’s Paradise Valley Mansion for Sale
- Two Paradise Valley Mansions Sell for More Than $4.9 Million Each
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.