Christ Church School Students Pack Thousands of Meals for Charity
Elementary students at Christ Church School in Paradise Valley volunteered their time packing meals for charity earlier this month.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, students and chaperones packed 26,352 meals for children in Cambodia during a volunteer visit to Feed My Starving Children on March 9.
Volunteers hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children, and Feed My Starving Children ships the meals to distribution partners in nearly 70 countries around the world, the article said.
The volunteers labeled packages, scooped a mix of vitamins, dried vegetables, soy, and rice into bags, weighed and sealed each bag, and then packed the bags into a whopping 122 boxes.
- Paradise Valley Artist Featured in Upcoming PBS Documentary
- Paradise Valley Town Council Appoints Former Councilman to Fill Vacancy
- Spa Renovations Set for Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort
- Paradise Valley Development Dubbed National ‘Development of the Year’
- Xavier Sophomore One of 30 Up for National Volleyball Honor
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.