‘Big Game, Big Give’ Event Raises Over $1 Million for Charity
Philanthropists and celebrities came together in Paradise Valley Jan. 31 for the annual Big Game, Big Give fundraising effort. This year’s event raised more than $1.1 million was for charity.
According to USA Today, the event has been held in the Super Bowl’s host city since the effort began six years ago, and this year’s fundraiser was held at the home of Washington Nationals manager and former Diamondback Matt Williams.
“You get the right people together, they can do amazing things,” Matt Williams told the newspaper.
The goal of the event was to raise $1 million for the Giving Back Fund, one of the primary beneficiaries, and the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix, USA Today reported.
- Paradise Valley Resort Starts Revitalization Process
- Paradise Valley’s New Town Council Takes Office
- Paradise Valley Teacher Named Rodel Exemplary Teacher
- Paradise Valley Narrows Town Manager Candidates to Two
- How to Make the Most of Your Kitchen’s Space
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.