85-Year-Old Paradise Valley Woman to Climb Kilimanjaro to Benefit Kids
Great-grandmother and Paradise Valley resident Anne Lorimor is preparing to hike Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for underprivileged kids.
According to KPHO.com, Lorimor wants to be the oldest woman to ever reach the summit.
“I’ve wanted to do it for a long time,” Lorimor told the newspaper. “My niece and nephew were doing it, and I said, ‘Please, I want to go,’ and they said yes. So I put it down on my bucket list that by 2015, I was climbing Kilimanjaro.”
In addition, she’ll be raising funds and awareness for kids who are underserved. The funds she raises will go to the building of a new piano lab for Rosie’s House, which is a music academy that provides free lessons for more than 400 Phoenix kids.
- New Luxury Resort Moves Forward in Paradise Valley
- Community Breakfast Event Raises $355K for Ryan House
- Paradise Valley’s Newest Development Now Offering Private Viewings
- Restaurant Review: enFuego
- Paradise Valley to Add New Speed Cameras Around Town
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.