5 Quick Facts About Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley is known as a beautiful and affluent Phoenix suburb with luxury homes and amenities, but did you know that the town started out as a rural community with modest homes? Here are a few quick facts about this beautiful town:
- Paradise Valley is predominantly zoned single-family housing but it’s also home to nine resorts, 15 places of worship, 11 public and private schools, three golf courses and 4 medical centers—all within just 16.5 square miles of land.
- Settlement in Paradise Valley didn’t ramp up until after World War II, and the city was incorporated not too long ago in 1961.
- The first town council was formed with Paradise Valley had a population of just 2,000 people. Today the population is about 13,000.
- There are a number of celebrities who have and still do call Paradise Valley home, including athletes Mohammed Ali, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal and Steve Nash.
- The median household income is $131,580, according to the 2007-2011 American Community Survey.
There you have it! We hope you enjoyed this little lesson.
- Steve Nash Lists Paradise Valley Home for $4.15 Million
- How to Make the Most of Your Kitchen’s Space
- Paradise Valley Town Council Appoints Mary Hamway
- Paradise Valley Gives Kids a Science Lesson Using Ice Cream
- Paradise Valley Native Wins Miss India America
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.