4 Arizona Companies Make Fortune 500 List
Four Arizona businesses were recently named to the 2016 Fortune 500 List. The annual list ranks U.S. corporations based on the total revenue for their respective fiscal years.
The following are the Arizona companies to make the list:
- No. 102 – Avnet (Location: Phoenix; Revenue: $27.925 billion)
- No. 175 – Freeport-McMoRan (Location: Phoenix; Revenue: $15.877 billion)
- No. 312 – Republic Services (Location: Phoenix; Revenue: $9.115 billion)
- No. 474 – Insight Enterprises (Location: Tempe; Revenue: $5.373 billion)
According to Fortune, this year’s list of Fortune 500 companies represent two-thirds of the U.S. GDP with $12 trillion in revenues, $840 billion in profits, $17 trillion in market value, and employ 27.9 million people worldwide.
Walmart took the No. 1 spot overall with $482.130 billion in revenue. See the full list of companies here.
- All Saints’ Episcopal Day School Earns Recognition for its Work Combating Hunger
- LON’s to Open Wine Cellar for Summer Dinning
- Xavier Makes Washington Post’s Most Challenging High Schools List
- Explorer Middle School Student to Compete in National Geographic Bee
- Local 911 Dispatcher Named Finalist for National Award
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.