New Brew Uses Zebra Mussels Straight from Lake Minnetonka
Zebra mussels are non as aquatic hitchhikers to anyone who has been in a boat on a Minnesota lake recently, but now you can find them in your brew.
According to the Star Tribune, the Excelsior Brewing Company is now using the little things and Eurasian milfoil to brew a new ale, and they’ve been take fresh from Lake Minnetonka.
“Whenever people talk about it they say, ‘What, really?!’ ” John Paul Awad, one of the brewery’s leaders, told the Strib. “We’ve had some raised eyebrows and people really skeptical about it. We wanted to push the envelope with this one.”
The new brew is called Milfoil Lakehouse Saison Ale, and it has quite the exotic and “invasive” flavor and its available now, the newspaper said.
- 11 Minnetonka Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Kid-Friendly Cafe Complete With Play Space Coming to Minnetonka
- Minnetonka’s Bacio Makes 2014 Vita.mn Restaurant Guide
- Minnetonka Business Makes Outside Mag’s “Best Places to Work” List
- Restaurant Review: Bacio in Minnetonka
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.