Minnetonka Student Athlete Receives 2014 Mercury Award
Minnetonka’s Sage Kelner was recently named the recipient of the 2014 Mercury Award as the most outstanding Jewish senior female athlete in the state.
According to the Sun Sailor, Sage has excelled in many sports, but has been particularly successful in synchronized swimming and synchronized skating. She has been a part of the Team Braemar precision skating line since 2009, which has taken her to international meets in France, Italy, Sweden and Switzerland.
“I started skating at Braemar Arena when I was 4 years old,” Kelner told the newspaper. “I competed along with my brother in ice dance for three years, and then he decided to concentrate on baseball.”
This fall, Kelner plans to enroll at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where she will look at pre-med or pre-dentistry, the Sun Sailor said.
- Minnetonka for Sale by Owner: the Top 5 Challenges
- Minnetonka Farmers Market Opens for Another Season July 1
- Minnetonka’s Summer Music Series Begins June 24
- Minnetonka Girls Track Team Repeats As State Champs
- Heavy Table: Don’t Overlook Minnetonka’s Glen Lake Cafe
- Minnetonka’s Gold Nugget Celebrates 5 Years Back in the Community
- Nonprofit Opens to Support Those Living With Cancer
- Easy and Inexpensive Upgrades to Sell or Improve Your Home
- Warmer Weather Means A Hotter Minnetonka Real Estate Market
- Where Wildlife Meets the City – Clarion Hills by Ron Clark