Minnetonka Ranks 26th on Apartment List’s ‘100 Best Cities for Young Families’
Minnetonka is one of the top cities in the country for young families, according to a recent list released by Apartment List.
The company, which is growing online rental marketplace, ranked Minnetonka at No. 26 on its “100 Best Cities for Young Families” list after taking a look at nearly 500 cities in the United States. The rankings were based on safety, housing cost (based on the rental rate of a two-bedroom apartment), school quality and child friendliness. The apartment company used FBI crime statistics as well as Department of Education data to complete its list.
Minnetonka landed an overall score of 85 out of 100, with its school quality score being near perfect at 24 out of 25 points.
Fishers, IN took the No. 1 spot followed by Allex, TX and Naperville, IL at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively. Other Minnesota cities to make the list were Lakeville (No. 10), Eden Prairie (No. 22), Rochester (No. 60), Maple Grove (No. 72) and Coon Rapids (No. 97).
- Minnetonka Elementary School Named “Grandmasters of Chess”
- 10 Minnetonka Choral Students Picked for State Honor Choirs
- New Brew Uses Zebra Mussels Straight from Lake Minnetonka
- 11 Minnetonka Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Minnetonka Makes Security Company’s List of Safest Minnesota Cities
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.