Minnetonka Power Squadron Recognized Nationally
The Minnetonka Power Squadron has earned some national recognition.
According to the Sun Sailor, the Minnetonka Power Squadron of Lake Minnetonka took top squadron honors at the U.S. Power Squadrons annual meeting recently in Orlando, FL.
The awards are sponsored by Boat Owners Association of The United States and given in recognition of exceptional service and public boating safety education and service to the boating community.
From supporting local charities like Feed My Starving Children, to serving as safety perimeter marshals for several events including the state’s wakeboarding championships, the squadron’s 438 volunteers combined for 3,653 hours of volunteer service, the report said.
- Groveland Elementary Students Get Visit From Minnesota Vikings
- Minnetonka Boys Win State Class AA Swimming Title
- Minnetonka Student Nominated for Admission to U.S. Air Force Academy
- Minnetonka West Middle School Wins Regional Science Bowl Competition
- Minnetonka Teacher in the Running for Minnesota Teacher of the Year
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.