Minnetonka Police Could Get a $5,000 Grant
Thanks to a Community Engagement Officer, the Minnetonka Police Department is in the running for a $5,000 grant.
According to the Lakeshore Weekly News, Community Engagement Officer Scott Marks is one of just four finalists in the country in the Aftermath #WhyWeServe contest.
Officers across the nation submitted a video detailing why they became a police officer and their plan to utilize the grant funds, and Marks’ video became one of four finalists, the report said.
The finalist with the most votes will win a $5,000 service grant for his or her department to help better their community.
Visit www.aftermath.com/why-we-serve/ to vote in the contest. Online voting will run through Friday, Aug. 11.
- Lake Minnetonka-Area Ice Cream Shop a Local Favorite for 33 Years
- Minnetonka’s Mayor Honored by League of Minnesota Cities
- The Cheesecake Factory Coming to Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Council Adopts New Capital Improvement Program
- Minnetonka Boys Tennis Team Wins State Title
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.