Minnetonka Park Board Approves Mountain Bike Trail at Lone Lake Park
The Minnetonka Park Board has approved a plan for a new 4.7-mile mountain bike trail at Lone Lake Park.
According to the Sun Sailor, the plan for the trail was developed after the park board requested a study on the installation of mountain bike trails in Lone Lake Park in February.
With the plan approved by the park board, the proposal goes to the Minnetonka City Council for review in July, the report said.
The approved-plan suggested adding 4.7 miles of mountain bike trails, equaling 1.2 acres, to Lone Lake Park, the report said, and the trail would be mostly beginner level, with sections of intermediate level due to sustained inclines and declines.
The shared trails would be open to the other users, including hikers, runners and birdwatchers. However, dogs would not be allowed, the report said.
- Minnetonka Senior Among 17 to Earn Ridgeview Foundation Scholarships
- Report: Minnetonka Is a Top-10 Place to Raise a Family in Minnesota
- Minnetonka Proposes 4.7-Mile Mountain Bike Trail for Lone Lake Park
- Minnetonka High School Names Andrew Frosch Assistant Principal
- Minnetonka Girls Fastpitch Coach Mary Beth Wiig Earns 400th Career Win
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.