Minnetonka Internet Company Gets in on Twin Cities Business
A Minnetonka-based Internet company is giving some of the big players—Comcast and CenturyLink—a run for their money.
According to BringMeTheNews, US Internet just began construction on fiber optic Internet lines in several Minneapolis neighborhoods, and have made a name for themselves by increasing Internet speeds to 100 mpbs and charging about half of what the big-wigs do.
The Star Tribune reportedly said the company’s goal is to build a fiber optic network across the Twin Cities, but that could take years.
US Internet has been around since 1995 and its roots are in the ISP sector, according to the company website.
- Three Minnetonka Basketball Players Make All-Lake Team
- Minnetonka City Council Discusses New Senior Living Facility
- Apartment Plans Submitted for Minnetonka’s Glen Lake Area
- Ridgedale Center Announces New Restaurants, Stores
- Minnetonka High’s VANTAGE Program Adding 6 New Courses
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.