Minnetonka High Welcomes 2 New Immersion Teachers
Minnetonka Public Schools has hired two new social studies teachers for Minnetonka High School as part of the preparation for the launch of the school’s first class of Spanish and Chinese Immersion students in the fall.
According to a district release, Caren Garcia will be teaching Spanish Immersion Civics & Human Geography, and Erik Kottom will teach the Chinese version of the class.
Garcia is coming to the district from Austin, TX. She holds certifications in social studies, Spanish, and German. Kottom is from Eden Prairie and worked with both Minnetonka Middle Schools as a paraprofessional in the Chinese Immersion program.
Immersion students will have one-third of their high school day taught in their Immersion language during ninth grade. According to the release, plans are underway for additional electives and advanced language testing during students junior and senior years as well.
- Ridgedale Center Announces New Restaurants, Stores
- Minnetonka High’s VANTAGE Program Adding 6 New Courses
- 10 Minnetonka Choral Students Picked for State Honor Choirs
- 11 Minnetonka Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Kid-Friendly Cafe Complete With Play Space Coming to Minnetonka
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.