Minnetonka High Grad Joins Teach For America
Minnetonka High School graduate Meghan Keenan was recently accepted into the Teach For America teaching corps, and will be carrying out her job in Connecticut.
According to the Sun Sailor, Teach For America is a national nonprofit working to expand educational opportunities for low-income students across the country. Corps members like Keenan commit to teach for two years in high-need urban or rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in pursuit of educational equity, the paper said.
“Minnetonka High School did a great job of preparing me for college,” Keenan, a 2010 graduate, told the paper. “I joined Teach For America to be a teacher and a mentor for the kids who need it most and to try to prepare them for their futures. I cannot wait to teach Spanish to high school students because it will really expand the number of opportunities they will receive.”
For more information on Teach For America, go to http://www.teachforamerica.org/.
- ICA Foodshelf Celebrates Opening of Second Minnetonka Location
- City of Minnetonka Offers Home Repair, Purchasing Programs
- Meet the Newest, Furriest Minnetonka Police Officers
- Minnetonka Student Wins Starkey Hearing Foundation Video Contest
- Minnetonka for Sale by Owner: the Top 5 Challenges
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.