Minnetonka Girls Track Team Repeats As State Champs
The Minnetonka High School girls track team took the Class AA state championship title for the second year in a row last week, a feat the team aimed for since their win last spring.
According to the Sun Sailor, other teams from schools like Cretin-Derham Hall and Lakeville South High School were strong contenders for the title, but all the Skippers’ strengths came out at the state meet.
“This is what our team worked for all year,” said junior Meghan Janssen told the Sun Sailor. “It is really rewarding to win again.”
According to the newspaper, Senior Elizabeth Endy won the 800-meter title and anchored the Skippers to victory in the 4×800-meter relay, which helped the team take the title.
In the end, Minnetonka took the No. 1 spot with a team score of 80, followed by Cretin-Derham Hall with 66 points.
- Heavy Table: Don’t Overlook Minnetonka’s Glen Lake Cafe
- Minnetonka’s Gold Nugget Celebrates 5 Years Back in the Community
- Nonprofit Opens to Support Those Living With Cancer
- Easy and Inexpensive Upgrades to Sell or Improve Your Home
- Warmer Weather Means A Hotter Minnetonka Real Estate Market
- Where Wildlife Meets the City – Clarion Hills by Ron Clark