Minnetonka Elementary Students Raise Thousands for Families Fighting Childhood Cancer
Minnetonka students raised thousands of dollars for families that are in the fight against childhood cancer. How much did they raise?
According to the Sun Sailor, students from all six Minnetonka elementary schools in the district set the goal of raising $5,000 for the Pinky Swear Foundation, which is a charity dedicated to helping families with financial and emotional support.
But they blew that goal out of the water, raising a whopping $15,000 for the charity.
“Because of these students, we can help families pay their rent, car payment, utility bills or purchase food so they can focus on what’s most important, their child,” Pinky Swear Foundation Executive Director Erica Campbell told the newspaper.
- Minneapolis Copper Hen Owners to Open Second Location in Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Looking For Residents to Serve on City Boards and Commissions
- Longtime Minnetonka Restaurant, Jimmy’s, Refreshes Brand and Menu
- Minnetonka Teacher Uses Vinyl Records to Connect With Students
- The Cheesecake Factory Opens in Minnetonka
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.