Minnetonka Chefs Will Battle in Cooking Competition for a Good Cause
A handful of local chefs will be competing in a cooking competition for a good cause this week.
According to The Laker and The Pioneer, five chefs, including chefs from Jake O’Connor’s in Excelsior, Joey Nova’s in Tonka Bay and the District Fresh Kitchen +Bar and Baja Haus in Wayzata, will compete in the sixth annual Sizzle for a Cause cooking competition and ICA Food Shelf fundraiser Feb. 22.
The competition will be held at the Lafayette Club, located at 2800 Northview Rd., in Minnetonka Beach, and spectators can watch the action while enjoying appetizers from the participating restaurants.
During Sizzle for a Cause, each chef will prepare a dish featuring a surprise secret ingredient, as well as pantry staples, the report said.
The food shelf reportedly serves more than 800 families each month, and nearly 2,400 each year in the communities of Minnetonka, Hopkins, Excelsior, Deephaven, Woodland, Greenwood and Shorewood.
- Minnetonka West Middle School Team Earns Trip to National Science Bowl
- Minnetonka Native Beau Allen a Super Bowl Champion
- Minnetonka City Council Officially Has New Member
- Construction Has Begun on New Senior Living Facility in Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Elementary Students Raise Thousands for Families Fighting Childhood Cancer
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.