Minnetonka Approves Shady Oak Crossing Housing Development
After a whopping 20 months of debate, the Minnetonka City Council has approved plans for the Shady Oak Crossing affordable housing development.
According to the Sun Sailor, the development will include a three-story building with two-story components on the north and south sides of the building. There will reportedly be 49 apartments featuring a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom units. In addition, the complex will offer amenities such as exercise room, community rooms, underground parking, tot lot and an onsite manager’s office.
According to the article, the approval means that the construction has to start by or on Dec. 31, 2019 and be completed within two years of the start date, but the timeline could be subject to change.
- Minnetonka Student Selling Key Lime Pies to Benefit Hurricane Victims
- Money Magazine Ranks Minnetonka on ‘Best Places to Live’ List
- Minnetonka Seeking Entries into City’s Photo Contest
- Minnetonka Artist Opens Her Studio to Share Creative Inspiration
- Four Commercial Projects Get Green Light From Minnetonka’s Planning Commission
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.