Minnetonka 7th-Grader Named State Winner for Writing Contest
A seventh-grader at Minnetonka Middle School West has been named a state winner in the Letters About Literature writing contest.
According to a school district press release, Garrett Synstelien’s letter was chosen from more than 1,000 submissions, and his entry will be sent on to the national competition.
The contest was sponsored by the National Center for the Book in the Library of Congress, and asked students to write a letter to their favorite author who had inspired them. Synstelien’s letter was written to Dr. Seuss for the book “Oh The Places You’ll Go.” Of course, it was written in rhyme.
- Minnetonka Internet Company Gets in on Twin Cities Business
- Three Minnetonka Basketball Players Make All-Lake Team
- Minnetonka City Council Discusses New Senior Living Facility
- Apartment Plans Submitted for Minnetonka’s Glen Lake Area
- Man Hopes to Bring a Paddle Pub to Lake Minnetonka this Summer
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.