ICA Foodshelf Celebrates Opening of Second Minnetonka Location
For more than 40 years, Intercongregation Communities Association, or ICA, has been helping those who are struggling to make ends meet by providing food assistance, clothing, employment assistance and other services. Recently, another Minnetonka food shelf location was added.
According to the Sun Sailor, ICA’s main office is in Minnetonka, with another in Excelsior and a mobile food shelf. The new location recently opened at 11588 K-Tel Drive in Minnetonka. This location serves as a pick-up and donation site, as well as a services location.
The K-Tel Drive location operates under the “Choice Model” for its members, allowing a wider variety of food options as opposed to a pre-packaged set of groceries, the newspaper reported. Fresh produce is available, as well as aisles of grocery items similar to what someone would find at a typical grocery store.
The new location started serving the community at the end of May, but the grand opening celebration was just held in late July.
- City of Minnetonka Offers Home Repair, Purchasing Programs
- Meet the Newest, Furriest Minnetonka Police Officers
- Minnetonka Student Wins Starkey Hearing Foundation Video Contest
- Heavy Table: Don’t Overlook Minnetonka’s Glen Lake Cafe
- Nonprofit Opens to Support Those Living With Cancer
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.