Hennepin County Taps Alex Tittle to Reduce Racial and Other Disparities
Hennepin County, which is home to Minnetonka, has hired a new disparity reduction director who will help the county address gaps between white people and people of color.
According to the Star Tribune, Hennepin County has hired Alex Tittle to serve as its first disparity reduction director to help address and lead disparity reduction efforts within seven areas: education, employment, income, justice, transportation, health and housing.
The Hennepin County Board has been addressing disparity issues for some time, but national studies still give the county low rankings in areas of disparities, the report said.
“When you reduce something, another thing pops up,” Tittle told the newspaper. “I’m not only optimistic about reducing the disparity, I expect success.”
- Massive Lake Minnetonka ‘Castle’ Hits the Market for $11 Million
- Minnetonka Park Board Approves Mountain Bike Trail at Lone Lake Park
- Minnetonka Senior Among 17 to Earn Ridgeview Foundation Scholarships
- Report: Minnetonka Is a Top-10 Place to Raise a Family in Minnesota
- Minnetonka Proposes 4.7-Mile Mountain Bike Trail for Lone Lake Park
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.