Final Plans for Affordable Housing Project in Minnetonka Proposed
Final plans for a new affordable housing complex have been submitted to the city of Minnetonka.
According to the Sun Sailor, Ron Clark Construction & Design on July 24 submitted a formal application with the city of Minnetonka for the affordable housing complex, Shady Oak Crossing, which would be located at 4312 Shady Oak Rd. The apartment complex would include a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom units, and rental rates would be approximately $800 to $1,200 per month..
Much of the site for the development is city-owned property that would need to be re-zoned from its current classification of B-2, limited business district, according to the article.
The planning commission is expected make a recommendation on the project to the city council Aug. 24, and the city council is expected make a final decision on the project at the Sept. 25 meeting.
- Lake Minnetonka-Area Ice Cream Shop a Local Favorite for 33 Years
- Minnetonka’s Mayor Honored by League of Minnesota Cities
- The Cheesecake Factory Coming to Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Council Adopts New Capital Improvement Program
- Minnetonka Boys Tennis Team Wins State Title
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.