Apply for Minnetonka’s Police Citizen’s Academy
If you’re interested in getting an in depth look at the Minnetonka Police Department, and how all the officers and staff members do their jobs, then the Police Citizen’s Academy is just the thing for you.
“Enjoy hands-on experiences and presentations on police recruiting and training, crime scene investigation, SWAT, community service officers, computer forensics, drug task force, school resource officers, police K9s, crime lab, crime prevention, crime analysis, traffic unit, use of force and dispatch,” a city press release said.
The academy is open to anyone 21 years of age and older who live or work in Minnetonka. The academy runs from Feb. 3 through March 24, 2015 and applications are being accepted through Jan. 9.
- Minnetonka Elementary School Named “Grandmasters of Chess”
- 10 Minnetonka Choral Students Picked for State Honor Choirs
- New Brew Uses Zebra Mussels Straight from Lake Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Makes Security Company’s List of Safest Minnesota Cities
- Minnetonka High Grad Joins Teach For America
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.