Minnetonka Student to Participate in Scripps National Spelling Bee
For the third year in a row, a Minnetonka Middle School East student will be competing in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
According to the Sun Sailor, seventh-grader Will Rooke will soon head to Washington, D.C. to compete in the national spelling bee, which begins May 27 and runs through June 2.
He is one of six young spellers from Minnesota who will compete in the event, which has been an annual event since 1925.
Last May, Max Meyer, also a student at Minnetonka Middle School East, lost in the final round of the national competition, the article said. In 2015, Meyer finished the National Spelling Bee in 11th place.
- Minnetonka High School Sending 31 Students to DECA International Competition
- Minnetonka Approves ‘Self-Service’ Liquor License
- Groveland Elementary Students Get Visit From Minnesota Vikings
- Minnetonka Boys Win State Class AA Swimming Title
- Minnetonka Student Nominated for Admission to U.S. Air Force Academy
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.