Divers Take Icy Plunge into Lake Minnetonka for Charity
Hundreds of people jumped into the icy waters of Lake Minnetonka on New Year’s Day to raise money for charity.
According to the Sun Sailor, the 27th Annual ALARC Ice Dive enticed more than 800 people to plunge into the 32-degree waters of Lake Minnetonka.
Proceeds from the event benefited the nonprofit Ride to Recovery, which helps improve the health and wellness of injured veterans, the report said. Additional funds were also donated to the Excelsior Fire Department, the South Lake Minnetonka Police Department, and other organizations, the report said.
- Minnetonka High Makes AP District Honor Roll – Again
- Station Pizzeria to Open in Minnetonka on Jan. 17
- Minnetonka High Grad to Run 50 Marathons to Bring Special Nonprofit to MN
- Minnetonka High School Students Make Sandwiches for Those in Need
- Minnetonka Council Approves Bren Road Housing Development
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.