Minnetonka High Grad to Run 50 Marathons to Bring Special Nonprofit to MN
Minnetonka High School graduate Libby Kapsner is running 50 marathons—one in each state—to help bring an international nonprofit called Best Buddies to the state.
According to Home Town Source, Best Buddies is dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Kapsner got involved with the organization when she was a freshman at Indiana University.
As she runs the marathons, she’ll be raising money to help bring a Best Buddies office to Minnesota, the article said.
- Minnetonka High School Students Make Sandwiches for Those in Need
- Minnetonka Council Approves Bren Road Housing Development
- Minnetonka Boy Launches Publishing Company for Teens
- Developer Proposes New Apartment Complex in Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Alumni Publishes Halloween Children’s Book
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.