Minnetonka Alumni Publishes Halloween Children’s Book
A 2006 Minnetonka High School graduate and author recently celebrated the release of her new children’s book: “Twas Halloween Night.”
According to the Sun Sailor, Rachel Ruley created the book because she always loved Halloween and wanted to create a story that she could share with her three children.
“As a parent, there isn’t a lot of classic Halloween stories,” Ruley told the newspaper. “I wanted to give my kids a story that you can take out every year and enjoy much like ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.’”
The book, which is illustrated by Ruley’s good friend Amanda Calderon, follows a family that goes trick or treating on Halloween night, and the mother ends up encountering a real witch.
To celebrate the launch of her book, Ruley returned to the district. She visited five elementary school classrooms to teach the students about the writing process that goes into creating a book, according to the newspaper.
Currently, Ruley’s book is available at the General Store of Minnetonka, Excelsior Bay Books and Amazon.
- Minnetonka Announces National Advanced Placement Scholars
- Three Minnetonka Elementary Schools to Get New Gyms
- Minnetonka High School Student Earns Perfect ACT Score
- Minnetonka Business Helps Girl Scout Donate Dresses to Orphans in Haiti, Africa
- 8 Minnetonka High Seniors Named National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.