10 Minnetonka Choral Students Picked for State Honor Choirs
Minnetonka High School (MHS) had a whopping 10 choral students selected to perform in the 2015 American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) of MN State Honor Choirs:
MN 9-10 State Honor Mixed Choir
Sam Henke, ninth-grade
Margaret Wiersum, ninth-grade
Kelsey Bailey, 10th-grade
Bethany Dahl, 10th-grade
Hiro Yamamoto, 10th-grade
MN 9-10 State Honor Women’s Choir
Francesca Torres, ninth-grade
Lauren Dahl, 10th-grade
Jordan Schuster, 10th-grade
Madelyn Smerillo, 10th-grade
Tala Wright, 10th-grade
According to a school district press release, to be selected students from around the state work with their directors to prepare online “blind” auditions. The auditions are scored by a committee a choral directors with specific training and screening skills.
The 10 MHS students and all the others will perform with the state choirs at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Central Lutheran Church, 333 South 12th St. in Minneapolis. The event is free and open to the public.
- New Brew Uses Zebra Mussels Straight from Lake Minnetonka
- 11 Minnetonka Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
- Kid-Friendly Cafe Complete With Play Space Coming to Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Business Makes Outside Mag’s “Best Places to Work” List
- Minnetonka High Grad Joins Teach For America
This local update courtesy of your Minnetonka Community Expert.