Commuting Gets Even Easier in Littleton
The time is finally here! After years of planning, designing, and constructing, the West Rail Line will be operating as the “W”Rail. This is the first completed rail line of the RTD FasTracks Project. The 12.1 miles of light rail will run between Denver Union Station and Jefferson County Government•Golden Station, adding 11 new stations, 6 Park-n-Rides, and 3 new Call-n-Rides.
What better way to celebrate all this then on opening day!
Friday, April 26, 2013 marks the started of a weekend filled with celebrations. Come celebrate the wildest, boot-scootin’ grand opening events of the year!
Grand Opening Ceremony: Friday, April 26 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Grand Opening ceremony at Jefferson County Government Center- Golden Station.
- Ride the W Rail for free following the ceremony.
Station Parties: Saturday, April 27 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Ride the line to each station party for entertainment, food, and fun!
- Check out where the parties will be and what each one has to offer
- The entire light rail system will be free until close of business.
Regular Service Begins: Sunday, April 28