Youth Hockey Team Recognized for Fundraising Efforts
The Lakeville South Squirts C team was recently honored for their participation in a fundraising campaign for Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
According to a press release, the team particpated in Hiway Federal Credit Union’s HiwayHockey Kids4Kids program. All teams that raised $500 or more qualified to win a one-of-a-kind team party in a suite at the Minnesota Wild – Detroit Red Wings game on March 4, 2018.
As it turns out, the Lakeville team was selected at random by Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare patient Joe Carr in a ceremony at the hospital.
“Our son, Dane, received physical therapy and occupational therapy services at Gillette Children’s for several years when he was younger,” said Lakeville South Squirts C team organizers Rick and Cindy Schumacher. “Today, thanks at least in part to Gillette Children’s, he’s a healthy, active kid who plays multiple sports. He’s finishing his second year of hockey and is gearing up for another season on the soccer field.”
- Lakeville Named One of Nation’s 100 Safest Cities By Neighborhood Scout
- Lakeville’s Dakota County Library Location to get $5.8 Million Renovation
- Lakeville Man With ALS Receives Bucket List Gift to Go to Super Bowl
- 3 Lakeville Educators Named as 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Candidates
- Orchard Lake Students Spend Afternoon Making Sandwiches for Homeless
This local update courtesy of your Lakeville Community Expert.