Recycle Your Old Holiday Lights in Lakeville
Now that the holiday season is here, you may be wondering what to do with those old lights. There are plenty of places to drop them off in town!
If you have old holiday lights to dispose of, don’t throw them in the garbage. Be green and recycle them at a local drop-off spot in Lakeville.
According to the City of Lakeville, plastic and wire can take hundreds or thousands of years to decompose. So, drop those old lights off for no charge at one of the following locations:
- Lakeville City Hall – 20195 Holyoke Ave., Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 p.m.
- Lakeville Heritage Center – 20110 Holyoke Ave., Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 p.m.
- Lakeville Liquors Heritage – County Road 50 & Heritage Drive (all stores, Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Lakeville Liquors Galaxie – County Road 46 & Galaxie Avenue
- Lakeville Liquors Kenrick – County Road 46 & Kenrick Avenue
Lights will be collected through Jan. 30, 2015.
- Lakeville Police Department Holding Toys for Tots Drive
- Restaurant Review: Teresa’s Mexican Restaurant in Lakeville
- Lakeville Selects New City Administrator
- Lakeville Hobby Author Publishes Second Book
- Restaurant Review: Lakeville’s Copper River Fish & Chop House
This local update courtesy of your Lakeville Community Expert.