Lakeville’s Dakota County Library Location to get $5.8 Million Renovation
Dakota County is upgrading its libraries and Lakeville’s Heritage Library is one of the next on the list.
According to the Pioneer Press, Dakota County will ramp up its ambitious remodeling of all county libraries this year, with the Apple Valley, Hastings and Lakeville locations up next.
The Lakeville project will cost $5.8 million, the report said, and will include reconfiguring meeting and study spaces and adding a multipurpose iLab, plus an automated materials-handling system.
The renovations are reportedly part of a long-range plan that recommends renovations on a 12- to 15-year cycle to adjust program space for changing needs.
- Lakeville Man With ALS Receives Bucket List Gift to Go to Super Bowl
- 3 Lakeville Educators Named as 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Candidates
- Orchard Lake Students Spend Afternoon Making Sandwiches for Homeless
- Lakeville Receives Grant to Help Construct New Park
- Year in Review Showcases Lakeville’s Busy 2017
This local update courtesy of your Lakeville Community Expert.