Lakeville South Hires New Principal
A district veteran has been hired as Lakeville South High School’s next principal.
According to SunThisweek, 53-year-old John Braun has been Lake Marion Elementary School‘s principal since 1990 and the Lakeville Area School Board unanimously approved his hiring at its June 2 meeting.
“I couldn’t be more pleased to find an internal candidate to take Lakeville South High School to the next level,” School Board Chairwoman Roz Peterson reportedly said.
Braun is leaving quite the legacy at Lake Marion, which has been recognized three times by the state for its proficiency, growth, achievement gap reductions and graduation rates, SunThisweek reported.
Bret Dornstrand, a special education teacher on special assignment at Lakeville South, has been selected to serve as interim principal at Lake Marion for the next school year.
- Amy Willingham Announces Bid for Minnesota House Seat
- More Single-Family Homes, Townhomes Proposed for Lakeville
- Lakeville North Golfing Twins Are Two of the Best
- Longtime Lakeville Social Studies Teacher to Retire
- Longtime Friends and DECA Members Repeat First Place
- Donnelly Farm; The Heart of Lakeville and Within Walking Distance of Everything
- Lakeville has Luxury for Less; Community Experts Know the Best