Amy Willingham Announces Bid for Minnesota House Seat
The race for Lakeville House Rep. Mary Liz Holberg‘s Minnesota House seat is officially on.
According to SunThisweek, community activist and Democrat Amy Willingham recently announced she would run against Republican Jon Koznick for the District 58A seat after being recruited by the Democratic Party. After holding the seat for 16 years, Holberg announced earlier this year that she would not seek another term and would be running for the Dakota County Board of Commissioners.
Willingham’s main platform will be education, according to the newspaper.
“I think we have to get all elementary classrooms below 30 and under 25 for the younger grades, K-2,” she told SunThisweek.
Willingham has lived in Lakeville for more than 30 years and is a former physical therapist who now teaches biology at St. Paul College. Koznick is a Lakeville business man, and an active leader of the Republican Party who has advocated for reduced taxes and government regulation, the newspaper reported.
Tuesday, Nov. 4 is Election Day.
- More Single-Family Homes, Townhomes Proposed for Lakeville
- Lakeville North Golfing Twins Are Two of the Best
- Longtime Lakeville Social Studies Teacher to Retire
- Longtime Friends and DECA Members Repeat First Place
- Donnelly Farm; The Heart of Lakeville and Within Walking Distance of Everything
- Lakeville has Luxury for Less; Community Experts Know the Best