Mayor Term in Lakeville Officially Changes From Two to Four Years
Lakeville mayors will now be elected to terms of four years.
According to Sun Thisweek Newspapers, the Lakeville City Council voted March 6 to double the mayor’s term of office from two years to four years.
It’s a move the council has been pondering for a number of years, and puts Lakeville in line with other cities of similar size such as Burnsville and Eagan.
The change does not affect Mayor Doug Anderson’s term, but would be in place at the next mayoral election in November 2018, according to the newspaper.
- Lakeville South Names New Football Coach
- Lakeville to Partner With County on Fiber Upgrades for City Facilities
- City Council Eyes Doubling Term for Mayor of Lakeville
- Two Lakeville Teachers Up for 2017 Minnesota Teacher of the Year
- Financial Website Ranks Lakeville as 7th Safest ‘Large City’ in MN
This local update courtesy of your Lakeville Community Expert.