Greenwood Village Working to Collect Socks for the Homeless
Now that temperatures have dropped, Greenwood Village and other local municipalities are trying to help make sure those less fortunate.
Greenwood Village is participating in the Sock It To ‘Em Sock Campaign that collects sock donations that will be distributed to the homeless. According to a flier for the collection event, socks are the No. 1 clothing need for the homeless. Last year the campaign was able to collect 10,000 pairs and deliver them to those who needed them.
If you would like to donate a pair or two of new socks, there are three drop-off locations in Greenwood Village:
- Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 S. Quebec St.
- Hellerstein and Brenner Vision Center, 7400 E. Orchard Rd.
- Comprehensive Esthetic & Restorative Dentistry, 7400 E. Crestline Circle Suite 110
Learn more about the sock collection program at sockittoemcampaign.org.
- Espresso Americano Opens first U.S. Location in Greenwood Village
- Alberta Development Partners Breaks Ground on ‘The Promenade’
- Greenwood Village’s Company Partners with Teriyaki Madness for Expansion
- Restaurant Review: Brook’s Steak House in Greenwood Village
- ‘All Colorado Art Show’ Now Open in Greenwood Village
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Village Community Expert.