10 Days Of Western Fun
What do you think of when you hear “Spirit Of The West”? Well, Western Welcome Week in Littleton, Colorado wants you to think of their Western Heritage and Western Welcome Week, which really is part of the Western Heritage in the area.
Western Welcome Week is has now been running for 85 years and is still going strong.
Western Welcome Week is a 10 day event, even though the name implies 7 days, comprised of free or very affordable events for all ages to celebrate Western culture.
The event features a firework display, panning for gold, fishing derby, pancake breakfast, a swing dance, a rubber ducky race and a new this year bicycle race just to name a few of the events. Altogether there are over 50 events over the course of the 10 days.
What is truly amazing about the Western Welcome Week is how it has survived over 85 years through economic falls, newer more hip festivals, changing generations and more. It is a testament to how much the community cares about the Western roots of the area and how much they cherish community togetherness.
Highlights of Western Welcome Week
• Concert in the Park & Fireworks, Aug. 9, 6-10 p.m., Sterne Park
• Children’s Fishing Derby, Aug. 10, 10 a.m.-noon, Geneva Lake
• Pancake Breakfast, Aug. 11, 7:30-11:30 a.m., Arapahoe Community College
• Littleton Criterium, Aug. 11, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Downtown Littleton
• Swing Dance, Aug. 13, 6-8:30 p.m., RiverPointe Senior Living
• Littleton Welcomes Bega, Australia, Aug. 15, 10-11 a.m., Bega Park
• Grand Parade, Aug. 17, 10 a.m.-noon, Downtown Littleton