Two Greenwood Breweries Earn Gold Medals at Indiana State Fair Beer Competition
Two Greenwood breweries earned first place gold medals at the Indiana State Fair’s Brewers’ Cup competition last month.
According to the Indy Star, Planetary Brewing Co. and Oaken Barrel Brewing Co., both located in Greenwood, each earned a medal in one of the individual beer categories at the competition.
Planetary Brewing’s Dark Mild, Fly Casual, won in the English brown category, and Oaken Barrel Brewing’s Marzen, Oaktoberfest won in the European amber lager category, according to the report.
The Brewers’ is in its 18th year, according to the report, and has grown into one of the nation’s largest competitions for home and professional brewers. More than 1,500 entries were expertly judged over the course of two days, the report said.
- $2 Million Commercial Development to Go Up Near Greenwood Airport
- G.R.O.W. Greenwood Initiative Aims to Revitalize Local Businesses
- Greenwood Bar Named One of Most Underrated Places Around Central Indiana
- Greenwood’s Oaken Barrel Brewing Plans Expansion
- Gym for ‘Kids of All Abilities’ Opens in Greenwood
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.