Trash Service Crew Surprises Greenwood Girl on Her Birthday
Greenwood 11-year-old Hope Parker got a special birthday surprise from some pretty unlikely friends: her neighborhood’s trash service crew.
According to Wthr.com, Parker is an incredibly social child, despite her inability to speak. You see, Parker was born with half a heart and suffered a stroke during open-heart surgery, which took away her speech.
But according to the article, she gets special joy from watching the trash collection crew work—something they noticed.
“I asked her mom when was her birthday, so we could get her something nice,” Dylan O’Conner from Ray’s Trash Service told the publication.
When her birthday rolled around the crew brought her tonka garbage truck and stuffed animal. She was incredibly happy.
- New 180-Unit Apartment Complex Coming to Greenwood
- Greenwood Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Dia & Co.
- Giordano’s, Greek’s to Open Pizzeria Locations in Greenwood Area
- Rise’n Roll Bakery to Open Greenwood Location
- Newk’s Eatery Opens in Greenwood
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.