Retired WNBA Player Begins Second Career in Greenwood
A retired WNBA player has chosen Greenwood for her next career adventure.
According to The Daily Journal, retired basketball player Katie Douglas expects to open her first Orangetheory fitness studio in Greenwood sometime in April.
She currently has a membership office set up in the Centre at Smith Valley shopping plaza, adjacent to the gym space currently under construction, according to the article.
Orangetheory is a nationwide fitness chain based out of Boca Raton, FL, and designs a different high-intensity workout for each day, enabling its members to get both cardiovascular and strength training—and still get in and out in 60 minutes, the article said.
- Renovated Greenwood Community Center Reopens
- Construction, Home Sales Up Across Johnson County
- Local Charity Helps County Families in Need During Holidays
- New Shopping Center Planned for Greenwood
- ThinkGeek Opens New Store in Greenwood Mall
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.