Restaurant Review: Oaken Barrel Brewing Company
If you’re in the mood for a good meal and a tasty craft beer, you may want to add Greenwood’s Oaken Barrel Brewing Company to your list of must-try spots in town.
The brewpub and restaurant has been serving up hand-crafted food items and brews for over 20 years. The restaurant itself features a family section, two bars, outdoor seating and a small banquet facility. The menu is billed as Nouveau-American and features a variety of salads, sandwiches and entrees–with the mesquite-smoked ribs and cajun jambalaya pasta being some of the fan favorites.
As for the beer, there are six different varieties right now including: Indiana Amber, Gnaw Bone, Razz Wheat, Superfly, Snake Pit and Alabaster.
As for customer reviews, here’s how the brewpub and restaurant scored on various review and social sites as of Aug. 18, 2015:
- Yelp: 4 out of 5 stars
- Google+: 4.1 out of 5 stars
- Facebook: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Zomato: 4 out of 5 stars
- TripAdvisor: 4 out of 5 stars
- Beer Advocate: 4 out of 5 stars
Oaken Barrel Brewing Company is located in Vista Village at 50 Airport Pkwy. in Greenwood. For more information, visit the establishment’s website at oakenbarrel.com.
- Greenwood Gets $400K Grant for Downtown Improvements
- Hallmark Turns Vintage Greenwood Fire Truck into Keepsake Ornament
- Greenwood Community Center to Get a Facelift
- Greenwood Golfer Wins Indiana Amateur Championship
- New Greenwood Middle School Moves Ahead
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.