New Wal-Mart Now Open in Greenwood
Wal-Mart’s second Greenwood location is now open.
According to the Indianapolis Star, the grand opening week featured a ribbon cutting, food samples and other activities.
While some residents were concerned about the new location–particularly about traffic congestion–the retailer gave the city $300,000 to build a right-turn lane and median on Smith Valley Road at the Ind. 135 intersection, the paper said. In addition, Wal-Mart also adjusted its planned parking lights and improved drainage conditions.
The new location will serve the west side of the city and is open 24 hours a day.
- Center Grove Ranks in Top 20 for Indiana High Schools
- Man Plans Flash Mob Marriage Proposal at Greenwood Mall
- Greenwood Considers Remodeling Old City Hall to Increase Revenue
- Spring Cleaning Checklist for Sellers
- Indy Brew Bus Brings Tour Service to Greenwood Breweries
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.