New Shopping Center Planned for Greenwood
A new shopping center is coming soon to Greenwood.
According to The Daily Journal, the new retail area will sit on 4 acres of land at the southeast corner of Worthsville and Sheek roads, near the new Interstate 65 interchange.
The initial plan presented to the city includes four shops ranging in size from 1,200 to 5,000 square feet, as well as two additional lots for more retail development.
There’s no word on which businesses are coming to the center, but current zoning would allow for lodging, restaurant and retail businesses, the article said. The development also fits into the city’s long term plan for the intersection, which was to have commercial developments on each corner.
- ThinkGeek Opens New Store in Greenwood Mall
- Former Greenwood City Hall Building Gets New Occupant
- Greenwood Senior, Baseball Standout Commits to Quincy University
- Greenwood Boys Basketball Coach Readies Team in His 28th Season
- Center Grove Senior Named Girl’s Golf Player of the Year
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.