‘Micro-Hospital’ Coming to Greenwood
Greenwood will soon be home to a new micro-hospital.
According to Inside Indiana Business, Franciscan Health has announced plans to build a micro-hospital in Greenwood that will offer an emergency center and outpatient medical complex.
The three-story medical center will include eight inpatient rooms and the emergency center will have several exam rooms, full imaging services and lab support, the article said. Franciscan Health believes the smaller hospital model will provide shorter wait times.
The 108,000 square-foot micro-hospital will cost $50 million to build and construction is slated to begin later this month, according to the article. The complex is expected to be complete in the fall of 2018.
- Greenwood’s Historic Residential District Gets Added to National Register of Historic Places
- Greenwood Sports Complex Coming into Focus
- Greenwood Hires New City Engineer
- Greenwood Fire Foundation 5K and Safety Festival Set for June 17
- ‘Accelerate Indy’ Recruiting Greenwood to Help Grow Economic Development
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.