Local Company Plans Two Buildings for Greenwood’s Southport Business Park
A local company has proposed building two, large speculative buildings in Greenwood’s Southport Business Park.
According to The Daily Journal, the Peterson Company has proposed spending $15 million to construct two shell buildings sized at 143,000 and 260,000 square feet at 600 Graham Rd.
The smaller of the two buildings would be designed in a way that it could be divided into as many as four sections to make room for smaller manufacturing businesses. These smaller building sections are in high demand, especially from manufacturing companies, according to the report.
The project, which doesn’t have any tentative tenants, also includes a proposal for a 10-year, $2.4 million tax break from the city.
- Johnson County Gets First Ever Tourism Director
- Hundreds of Greenwood Buildings to be Added to National Register of Historic Places
- Greenwood Miracle League to Launch This Spring
- Greenwood Police Donate Vehicle to Senior Center for Meals on Wheels Service
- Greenwood Winter Guards Earn State Berth
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.