Johnny Bass to Enter Indiana’s Basketball Hall of Fame
Johnny Bass, the man who led Greenwood High School to its first section championship back in 1941, is finally being entered into the Indian Basketball Hall of Fame.
According to the IndyStar, Bass was Johnson County’s top scorer for three straight years and was named Indiana’s Mr. Basketball in 1941.
Bass never went on to play college or professional ball. When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and America entered World War II, Bass enlisted in the Army and fought in Europe. After he returned to Greenwood for a quiet life and retired from a manufacturing job in 1986.
- Spring Cleaning Checklist for Sellers
- Walmart to Hire 300 for New Greenwood Store
- Costco Plans Store for Greenwood
- Goodwill Coming to Greenwood
- Apartment List Ranks Greenwood in Top 5 Indiana Cities for Families
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.